Enhanced Covid-19 Protocols in place; Certified Clean It Right business
Member of the Nova Scotia Bed & Breakfast Association
Small mixed farming operation including llamas
Seaweed and Sod Farm operates a traditional Bed and Breakfast nestled away from the main road in Kempt Head, Nova Scotia, a rural community rich in heart and hospitality. Overlooking the beautiful Bras dOr Lake, we are located about halfway between the Cabot Trail and the Fortress of Louisbourg. Our isolated farm is the perfect place to relax, delight in the sunset, and recharge for your next day of exploring Cape Breton Island.
We welcome people of all genders, cultures, and religions and we strive to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all our guests. We are Rainbow Registered ©
Decompress and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere at Seaweed and Sod Farm.
- Soak in our fabulous sunsets
- Sit and chat with your hosts
- Wander our 3 km of trails
- Get absorbed in a book or sip a glass of wine on our screened-in porch
- Listen to the crows of the roosters or the calls of local wildlife
- Watch a campfire burn down to embers
- Catch some shore time at the nearby semi-private beach
The Gammell Suite is the perfect choice for a solo traveller, a couple, a family (maximum 5 + a babe in arms), or a bubbled couple travelling together.
The Gammell Suite is comprised of two queen bedrooms (The Sunset Room and the Farmstead Room) and a guest bathroom. The bedrooms and guest bathroom are on the upper floor. Guests have exclusive use of the B&B area on the main floor which includes a sitting/dining area, TV, and screened-in porch. There is separate entrance and contactless check-in and check-out is available.
A small refrigerator and coffee maker are available. New in 2023 – The Cookshack – a fully equipped outdoor kitchen.
We have approximately 3 km of walking trails. A wander up the hill will reward you with a stunning view of the Bras d’Or Lake and perhaps some wild blueberries.
There is a semi-private beach close by that guests may access.
Take a few days to disconnect with an off-grid camping experience on Cape Breton Island.
Our fully equipped 17′ travel trailer sits atop the hill and overlooks the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake.
- Just bring your food and drinking water. We supply everything else.
- Contactless check in and check out.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Propane-powered fridge/freezer, stove, & heat/hot water.
- 3-piece bathroom.
- Bedding, towels, toiletries, lawn chairs, and firewood provided.
Minimum 3 night stay.