We are seeking a professional, courteous, outgoing student to play a significant role in capturing the Cape Breton Island tourism experience for our social media channels. You’ll sample many of our amazing experiences, attend exciting events, meet lots of people, and capture it all on camera to post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You’ll also do some live social.
Plus, you’ll receive valuable training from our team and content development partners on social media, photography and videography.
Are you up for the adventure? Here are some of the requirements:
- Must be a returning post-secondary student – marketing, business, public relations, communications or tourism programs preferred
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and regular access to a vehicle
- Experience in social media, photography, videography, writing and blogging would be considered an asset
- Must be willing to work weekends and occasionally work long days compensated by time in lieu
- Must be professional, courteous, and respectful as a representative of Destination Cape Breton
The selected person will be paid $12.50 per hour on a salary basis, based on 35 hours per week. Travel expenses will be covered (mileage, meals, and admissions if necessary). The work week will usually run from Wednesday to Sunday, with the possibility of working Monday or Tuesday for specific events or experiences. If you are the right person for this job, please send your resume to Kristine Mills, Digital Marketing Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2018 at noon.