Enjoy your voyage within a partially enclosed 45-foot vessel, with removable windows for glass-free photography.
See a variety of birds, such as bald eagles, Arctic terns, belted kingfishers, great blue herons, Atlantic puffins, razorbills, and more.
Watch for grey seals on the islands from mid-June to late October.
Learn about the birds you see and their habitat from the tour guide on board.
Located just 20 minutes east of the seaside village of Baddeck, Doneldas Puffin Boat Tours take you to the nesting grounds of the adorable black, white, and orange-beaked Atlantic Puffin. Sightings are guaranteed on this two-and-a-half hour bird watching experience aboard Donelda’s covered boat with removable windows for capturing photos. Washroom is available.
Youll also likely see Kittiwakes, Razorbills, and even Bald Eagles. Watching grey seals basking on the rocks is also a probability. The Bird Islands are an official bird sanctuary located one mile off Cape Dauphin.
Call 1-877-2PUFFIN to book a tour! Reservations are recommended.
- Adults: $57 (Card) $52 (Cash)
- Seniors: $55 (Card) $50 (Cash)
- Youth 7-12 $32 (Card) $28 (Cash)
- Ages six and under Free
CAA/AAA discounts available. Giftshop available onsite.
Note: If paying by cash when you check in, a credit card is still needed at booking time to secure the reservation. Your card is not charged until you check in or fail to show up.
Taxes and gratuities are extra
- Fares subject to change depending on fuel prices (due to the rising fuel costs we will add a $3.00 fuel tax to all adult and senior fares)
- Sailings may be canceled due to sea conditions
- Minimum 10 adults per sailing
- Confirm all sailing times
Cancellation policy: failure to call 24 hours in advance to cancel will result in your credit card being charged the full amount*
Forms of accepted payment:
- Cash Canadian or US (exchange given)
- E-transfer from Canadian Banks
- Zelle mainly US residents
- Credit cards: Visa & Mastercard