5 Things to do in Downtown Sydney
The unofficial capital of Cape Breton, Sydney is filled with plenty of fun and adventurous activities for everyone. With the world’s largest fiddle as a crown jewel, you’ll be surprised by what you find here. Why not check out these experiences and decide for yourself?
No trip to Cape Breton Island is complete without visiting the world’s largest fiddle! The fiddle is found at the Joan Harriss Cruise Pavillion and is home to a number of shops, food trucks and treats. Be sure to check out Flavor on the Water, a restaurant with an amazing view of the Sydney waterfront and fiddle.
4. Shop Local
With so many boutiques, shops and storefronts you can do all of your shopping directly in Downtown Sydney. Are you looking for the perfect item for the hard to buy for person in your life, odds are you’ll find what you’re looking for here!
Whether you’re looking for fine dining, delicious international foods, or just a good ol’ fashioned pub, Sydney has you covered. Dine at one of the many establishments in Downtown Sydney where there’s enough variety to satisfy even the most discerning of palates.
Pro tip: If there’s lobster on the menu, always order the lobster!
- A Better Bite Café – Sydney
- A Bite of Asia Restaurant –Sydney
- Boardwalk Taproom & Eatery – Sydney
- Bitten Moon Pub – Glace Bay
- Cape Breton Farmer’s Market – Sydney
- Colette’s Family Restaurant – Glace Bay
- Crown & Moose Pub – Sydney
- Daniels Alehouse & Eatery – Sydney
- Dillan’s at Wentworth – Sydney
- DTN Performance Nutrition – Sydney
- Flavor Downtown – Sydney
- Flavor on the Water – Sydney
- Governors Pub & Eatery – Sydney
- JJ’s Plant Based Eats – Sydney
- Just in Thyme Homestyle Eatery – Sydney River
- Kiju’s Restaurant – Membertou
- The Lebanese Flower Restaurant – Sydney
- Mian’s Restaurant – Sydney
- Naru Sushi – Sydney
- No Quarter Deli & Market – Sydney
- Not Just Cakes Sweet Studio – Sydney River
- Saltspray Restaurant – Sydney
- Selkie’s Neighbourhood Diner – Sydney
- Steel City Sports Bar & Steakhouse – Sydney
- Swaagat – The Real Taste of India – Sydney
- The Factory – Sydney
- The Gaslight Café – Sydney
- The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse – Sydney
- The Ugly Mug Cafe & Emporium – Sydney River
- Tom & Ett’s Kitchen – Sydney
- Trio – Sydney