Travel Trade Assistance Request Form
Thank you for your interest in Cape Breton Island! This form is designed to collect information that will assist us in formally reviewing your request. Please complete this form in full to the best of your abilities. Unfortunately, we cannot consider any requests for financial assistance without receiving the required information. This information may also be used to inform our partner, Tourism Nova Scotia of your visit and request assistance from them in developing an itinerary that is best suited to your needs.
Destination Cape Breton uses Destination Canada’s Explorer Quotient (EQ) profiles to help us target demographics most likely to visit Nova Scotia, specifically Cultural Explorers and Authentic Experiencers. We review requests for financial assistance with those who are in a position to best help us attract visitors and align content in our targeted EQ profiles. Information on EQ can be found at http://en.destinationcanada.com/resources-industry/explorer-quotient.
Destination Cape Breton provides some or all of the following assistance for accredited travel trade on assignment:
- transportation (approved airfare* and ground assistance – we cover the rental car fees, basic insurance and kms only)
- meals (breakfast and dinner only)
- visits to attractions and venues
- itinerary development
- images / b-roll
*When the request for assistance is approved by Destination Cape Breton, we request that the travel trade guest purchase their airfare directly and forward a copy to Destination Cape Breton for immediate reimbursement. The ticket must be economy fare (unless approved otherwise). Excess baggage charges will not be reimbursed unless approved in advance of purchase by Destination Cape Breton.
The following expenses are not covered by Destination Cape Breton and are the responsibility of the guest:
- all gratuities
- lunch and/or snacks
- fuel for rental car
- rental car amenities (ie. GPS, additional driver, car seats, etc)
- personal and/or travel insurance.
- film permits
- any cancellation fees incurred with less than 24 hrs notice
Please understand that our primary goal is to assist travel trade guests who can provide itinerary coverage of Cape Breton Island as a travel destination. We will consider accommodating requests for spouses, children and/or accompanying visitors in those situations with extenuating and justifiable circumstances as determined by Destination Cape Breton. Travel trade interested in visiting Cape Breton should complete and submit this form to [email protected] at least six weeks in advance of visit.
WAIVER AND INDEMNITY
By submitting this request for assistance, you hereby agree to the following if approved:
- The Participant shall be solely responsible for such his/her safety and well-being during the Trip, except with respect to the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of anyone under Destination Cape Breton Association direct supervision and control.
- The Participant hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless Destination Cape Breton and its representatives from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, actions, claims, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees), which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected to the Trip, except with respect to the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of anyone under Destination Cape Breton’s or, as the case may be, a representative’s direct supervision and control.
- The Participant hereby waives discharges and relinquishes any action or cause of action which may arise by the negligent conduct of anyone under Destination Cape Breton, or its representative’s, direct supervision and control.
- The terms and conditions set out in this Request may only be amended with the prior written consent of Tourism Nova Scotia.
I do hereby accept and agree to these terms as of the date submitted.