Ingonish Beach Campground – Cape Breton Highlands National Park
- Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Potable water
- Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
- Group fireplaces
- Nearby: laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, restaurants
- Swimming in ocean or freshwater lake (surf guards in July & August)
- Golf at the world class Highlands Links
- Soccer field, tennis court, playground and canteen at beach
- Nearby in Ingonish: whale tours, craft shops
- Visit with Parks Canada mascot, Parka, explore the beach with a park guide, puppet shows, Lake Safari. Nearby: daily guided coastal walks and adventure night hikes ($14.70) mid-June to mid September, geocaching.
Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Parka’s hat and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada souvenir and have a tonne of fun!
There are several walking/hiking trails including:
Freshwater Lake – an easy walk around the lake -great for strollers.
- Franey Mountain – it’s a climb but the reward is a panoramic view from the top.
- Middle Head – walk on a stubborn rocky headland between two bays.
GPS location: N46 39.239 W60 24.043
Facilities / Services
Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
- Unserviced Lot
- Open Sites
- Shaded Sites
- Swimming (Ocean)
- Swimming (Lake)
- Flush Toilets
- Showers (Free)
- Cooking Shelter