The Red Barn Restaurant & Gift Shop
In the spring of 1979, a dairy barn ceased operation at the beginning of the Cabot Trail ( 2 Cabot Trail ) and was converted to a small 600 square foot souvenir shop with a snack bar which only served hot dogs and fries. Outside in the barn yard was an extensive playground, pony rides and a variety of farm animals for children to pet and feed. The operation was then known as CABOTLAND Family Fun Farm.
Much has changed over the past 35 years. One thing that has not changed is the owners’ commitment to provide both locals and the traveling public with good value and great service. The 600 square foot souvenir shop is now two floors (3600 square feet) of Award Winning gift shop. A new building next door provides an additional 1200 square feet dedicated to quilts, Christmas, garden items and artwork. In 1985 a 1000 sq. ft. addition to the barn was built to house a full menu, licensed, 60 seat restaurant. The playground and farm animals were discontinued in 1998 and replaced with an 18 hole miniature golf. Since most of the public referred to the operation as the red barn, the name was officially changed to RED BARN RESTAURANT & GIFT SHOP.