Father John Angus Rankin Cultural Centre
The Father John Angus Rankin Cultural Centre has been operating as a museum since 2001, hosting archives and census records, photos, a small gift shop, workshops, ceilidhs, looms and weaving, and much more. The building was the former Glebe House for the resident priests that served River Denys Mountain, Glendale, West Bay Road, and Waycobah, build about 1890. When the building came in danger of been demolished due to changes in priest residences, the Glendale Area Community Cooperative was formed to preserve and utilize the beautiful land mark for community usage. The pictures of all the priests are on display, from the beginning of the parish to the present day. We operate mainly from May to October, giving tourists an opportunity to drop in for visitation, browse the archives and displays, research your genealogy, visit our gift shop and second hand book sales, use our C@p site, enjoy a Ceilidh and savour a cup of tea. The Glendale Area Community Cooperative also hosts Celtic Colours in our community and Glendale Ceilidh Days with an outdoor concert on the Parish grounds.
The Father John Angus Rankin Cultural Centre is located at 4248 Highway 105 Glendale, about 22 km or half way between the Port Hastings routary and Whycocomagh, on the Mabel and Alexander Graham Bell Way, next to St. Mary of the Angels Church. For futher information phone 902-625-3441 or 902-625-1723 or email us at email@example.com