Sunset Picnic Sail + Stay Over
Combine your overnight stay at the Inn with this multi-sensory sailing experience. The adventure begins at 6 pm, when you’ll board Misty Cat for a 3 hour sail on the Bras d’Or Lake. This evening cruise will take us through St. Peter’s Inlet – a protected passage studded with tiny islands and sculpted with quiet coves. You can take the helm and handle the sail while we glide in these historic and scenic waters.
The fresh sea air will tantalize your taste buds – so a highlight of this cruise will be the food. Bras d’Or Lakes Inn’s chefs have created a tasty menu of delectable finger foods for your individually-prepared Bento box picnic. Depending on your preferences we may anchor for supper or the captain will handle the vessel while you cruise and dine as the sun sets over the lake.
The Sunset Picnic Sail is offered as a group charter for your party of up to 6 people. The price per person includes your gourmet picnic (pre-ordered from our menu) and cold drinks aboard (water, soda, juices). You are welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
Offered June 15 through October 15
$294 per person. Part of group of up to 6.
Extra sailors in Two Doubles Room: $215 per sailor.
Package includes per person:
- 3 hour evening sailing excursion (confirmation of availability required in advance by the Inn)
- Bento Box gourmet picnic supper – confirm menu selections at least one day before sail
- One nights’ shared accommodation – King Room or Two Doubles Room
- Continental breakfast
- One hour use of kayak, canoe, pedal boat, bike or SUP per guest based on availability and weather
- Access to hot tub 8 am to 10:00 pm
See http://capebretonsailing.com/ for sailing details.