Atlantic Fisheries Bike Tour on the Cabot Trail
The Atlantic Fisheries Cycling Tour combines easy level touring along harbours and ocean with our guides’ on-going explanation of the various aspects of the Atlantic fishery. From lobster to cod, mussels to oysters, fishing techniques and gear are explained as we cycle along beaches and quaint fishing harbours. The tour will take breaks to check out the different types of lobster and crab traps, and learn about how they work. There will be a stop at the St Paul Island Lighthouse museum-where a museum guide will take us through the history of St Paul Island and then let us climb the stairs up the original cast iron lighthouse-the first in Canada. There maybe the chance to sample oysters from a local oyster grower (seasonal availability).
Included in this Experience:
- a guided half day “Learn about the Atlantic Fishery” cycling tour with Cabot Tail Adventures
- rental bikes and all necessary cycling equipment, water and on-tour snacks
- Oyster sample from Hideaway Oyster Market (seasonal)
- All necessary equipment, water and on-tour snacks.
- A local’s know guide to northern Cape Breton with maps and custom advice for self-guided exploration, the best beaches, moose hangouts, local seafood options and great photo ops
- Guided tour of the St Paul Island Lighthouse and Museum
Starting at $95.00 per person plus tax. Families of four or more $65 per person plus tax.
Email us at email@example.com to book.