Pirate Days – St. Peter’sDate: Fri, Sep 16 2016 - Sun, Sep 18 2016
St. Peter’s Pirate Days Schedule
Friday September 16, 2016
Opening Ceremony: 7 – 8 pm. The Pirates of Halifax will kick off the weekend of fun. Location: Nicholas Denys Museum. Cost: Free
- Merchants’s Best Dressed Storefront viewing: 8 – 9 pm. The town businesses are dressed up like never before and competing for some valuable booty! Walk around town and check them out for yourself. Location: St. Peter’s business district. Cost: Free
- Best Dressed Storefront Awards and Wing Nite: 9 pm – midnight. The lads have scouted the swaggy about town and are ready to name the top three winners. Bullion to the top three! Enjoy your favourite grog, tasty wings, step lively and listen to music provided by privateers and musicians Darrell Keigan & Stewart MacDonald.
Location: MacBouch Restaurant & Lounge.
Cost: Free (Silver and Pieces of Eight welcome to offset Pirate Days event costs)
Saturday, September 17th, 2016
- Thieves Market: 9 am – 5 pm. Check out the Pirate Day Specials at the various merchants and shop keepers around the village. You won’t need to pilfer this weekend. Location: All over the village. Cost: Up to you matey. Fill your boots.
- Young Scallywag Activities: 10 am – 12 noon. Children can be brought ashore to enjoy some free range activities port side under the watchful eye of their parents. Face-painting, bouncy castle and kids games. At 11:00 pm The Pirates of Halifax will tell the Story of the Deadman’s Chest! Band of Misfits will be shown inside if the weather shortens our sails.
- Location: Lion’s Club Marina. Cost: Free (Silver and Pieces of Eight welcome to offset Pirate Days event costs)
- Young Scallywags & Pirates of Halifax Lunch: 12 noon – 1 pm. The kids will have lunch with the guest Pirates in from Halifax. Location: Louie’s Cosy Corner. Cost: $6.00. Limited seating, reservations required. (902) 535 – 3195
- Pirate Patio Party: 6 pm – 9 pm. Enjoy some grub and maybe a wee dram of rum and sit back to be entertained by bucchaneers and musicians Wayne and Derek Webb. Keep a keen eye – the pirate fleet is heard to ply these waters. There may even be some ashore! Location: Jiggs. Cost: Free
- Pirate Ships Parade: 7:30 pm -8:30 pm. The pirate fleet and their motley crews will weigh anchor from the Lion’s Hall Marina and sail out towards Corbetts Cove seeking fame and fortune – a share of the bullion going to the top three best dressed boats among the lot. Keep your wits about you – be sure your not press ganged before they set off! You may find yourself on the wrong deck. Pirate ships can enjoy a special overnight rate at the St. Peter’s Marina. Location: Best view from the lake end of canal, Jiggs and the Visitor Info Centre. Cost: Free
- Party Like a Pirate: 9:30 pm -1:30 am.
- Landlubbers and pirates are all encouraged to dig deep into their clothes chest and put on their finest pirate garb to fete this night away. A fine eye will be used, replaced with a patch of course, to scan the lot of you for the three best dressed pirates. Prize winners for best dressed houses, pirate ships and pirates will be announced during the evening. Music and merriment by mateys Ross Rankin and the Strawmen.
Location: Lions Community Hall, St. Peter’s
Cost: Silver and Pieces of Eight
Sunday, September 18th, 2016
- Hangover Breakfast: 8 am – 12 noon
- Yo-ho-ho, shake off those barnacles. If you can make it to the mess hall you are sure to enjoy your breakfast. Enjoy some crackle fruit the way you like them or order up the He-Man’s Breakfast Pirate Days special.
Location: Louie’s Cosy Corner
Cost: Up to you matey.
Call to Muster Station: 2 pm – 5 pm
- The party’s nearly over and we need to regroup and ready ourselves. And raise some booty for the Nicholas Denys Museum before we set off to other ports. Evelyn MacRae and the Mainlanders will help you get your land legs back with some familiar music. Sweets and beverages on hand. Location: St. Peter’s Firehall. Cost: $5 kids, $10 adults.
- All Weekend Long! Chubby’s Lunch: Pirate Platter Special
- Jiggs: Offering Deadman’s Platter and Privateer Bounty and Rum & Raisin ice cream.
Joyce’s Motel and Cottages: $85 per night (902) 535-2404 www.joycesmotel.com.com
Louie’s Cosy Corner: 10% off for those who arrive in costume.
Cruise the Canal on Cuna Mara: With Captain Gord Kerr. Booking info at www.itsarap.ca
Sail the Lake aboard Misty Cat: With Greg Silver. Booking info at www.capebretonsailling.comSt. Peter’s Marina: Berths only $25/night at Lions Marina (902) 535-2729 www.st-peters-marina.com. Other Specials: Be sure to check out other Pirate Days specials in the area or online . Check our Business Directory for some links.