Parks Canada 411
Get the 411 on Parks Canada, their Covid-19 plan, and the opening dates. Plan your summer vacation around the world-renowned Cape Breton Highlands National Park, or one of our National Historic Sites. Campout ocean-side, walk beside a 18th-century Fortress, and much more.
What to Expect this Season
Due to COVID-19, the visitor experience at Parks Canada administered places will be different than it has been in the past, although similar to last year. The health and safety of visitors, employees, and all Canadians are of the utmost importance. Parks Canada is asking visitors to comply with recommendations from Nova Scotia public health authorities.
For a safe and enjoyable visit this summer, be sure to:
- wear a mask in indoor public spaces
- wear a mask outdoors where physical distancing cannot be maintained, including playgrounds and parks
- respect recommended social distancing measures at all times
- plan by booking in advance and checking our website for the latest information.
- Keep in mind that a limited number of spaces may be available for programs to facilitate physical distancing.
Attractions and Museums
What is currently open:
The St. Peters Canal National Historic Site is open for canal services and lockage.
- Building Facilities,
- Museum Gift Shop,
- Select Visitor Services,
- Self-Guided Tours,
- Washroom Facilities
- Reconstructed Site
- Select Visitor Services
- Customed Interpretation
- Select Reconstructed Buildings on Site
- Guided and Motorized Tours
- Diversified Accommodations at Lartigue House
- Cafe and Washrooms on Site
- Kennington Cove (June 17th)
- Visitor Reception Centres
- Select Visitor Services and Programs
- Additional Washroom Facilities
- Corney Brook Campground
- Le Nique Nature Book Store and Gift Shop
Parks Canada Seasonal Passes
Seasonal Passes are available until June 30th, 2021.
Locals Know Blogs
Want to show off your Cape Breton adventure? Read through this blog to find your new favourite instagram hot spot this summer. Trust us, nothing says natural more than a nature photo.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal on one of Cape Breton Island's many patios. Whether you're oceanside, beachside, or buried in the mountains you won't regret exploring these patio options.
Get Your Heart Pumping with these extreme and active adventures! Try your hand at windsurfing, go whale watching, hop on a jet ski, fly in a helicopter, and more.
Just because we're on lockdown doesn't mean we can't be inspired by great places to visit when restrictions are lifted.
Thinking about biking along the Celtic Shores Coastal Trail but unsure what to bring or where to stop? These are some frequently asked questions that may help you with the planning process.
Join us daily for trivia questions with prize gift certificates to some of the best accommodations, restaurants, and experiences on the Island!